Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have a HP pavilion a6614f with nvidia GeForce 6150 SE graphics. I press the power button and the orange light by power button comes on. The fans start up, but the computer goes right to stand by. The power supThe screen shows no signal input and goes to sleep. We replaced power supply one year ago.
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello Cbcbecky,

When turning on the computer  it receives power but you get no physical image on the monitor, is that correct? I will try to help you with this issue.

Does the number lock and caps lock key lights glow on the keyboard? If you look under the mouse does the red LED light glow as well?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
When I power the computer on the keyboard lights flash once and the mouse LED stays lit. Power is going to both. After first initial flash on keyboard it does not light up after hitting keys, caps, etc.
HP Recommended

@Cbcbecky,

Is it possible for you to test the computer on a different monitor? If so, please try that and see if the results change or stay the same.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Plugged into different minister. Same result.
HP Recommended
*moniter.
HP Recommended
Any ideas anyone? HP is not helping!
HP Recommended

Cbcbecky,

Sorry for the late response I have been out . I would like you to attempt a hard reset, if you have done one already then you don’t have to try it again.

1.       Remove all connections from the computer including the power cable

2.       Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds and then release

3.       Only hook up the mouse, keyboard, monitor and power cable

4.       Turn the computer on and see what happens

Also if haven’t tried, have a look at both ends of your video cable to make sure all the pins are accounted for, and  not bent or broken.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Redrose0528,
I tried your suggestions and still same result.
To describe problem in better detail.
The power supply fan stays on always, but there are 2 fans inside that turn off about 5 seconds after powering on. Screen never shows any message. Stays in sleep mode. No lights on keyboard after initial flash of turning machine on. LED is on in mouse.

I unplugged cable from monitor and screen says check video cable then I plug cable back in and it says monitor going to sleep.
HP Recommended

Cbcbecky,

Thank you for a detailed explanation.

Normally on the back side of the computer underneath where the power plug goes, there is normally a small bulb that a green light would shine from. If you turn the computer on and look at the back do you see a green light,and if you see one does it glow solid, blink or is it out completely?

This screenshot is what you might see.

pwr supply.PNG

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.