Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I'm trying to create an SCCM USB Offline installtion for a HP T620 Thin Client, but i've run into a problem with the boot order. My problem is that the thin client is setup default to boot from an USB stick but i need to change this to boot from the SATA drive first.

I've tried to use BCU and it can change the boot order so that Hard Drive is listed first but inside the Hard Drive selection the different hard drivers (SATA0 & USB memory) are listed individually and USB memory is always listed first except if i change this manually. And changing this manually is not doable for 600+ thin clients. Is there any way to change this behaviour trough command line that i can use in an SCCM OS Deployment?

Best Regrads,

Tommy Herman

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi there

I have exactly the same problem. Is there any solution to this?

Regards,

Remo Siegenthaler

HP Recommended

I solved the problem. It's a BIOS setting. As the BIOS from my ThinClient is in german I try to translate the options into english.

When the thin client is starting you get with F10 into the BIOS.

Choose "Storage" --> Storage options --> USB storage boot --> either choose "deactivate" or "after SATA"

This should do the trick... it did for me.

Regards,

Remo

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.