Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please help!   2+ years new.  I didn't make any recent changes. Monitor goes black after a few minutes. I tried without internet connected and still goes black.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi,

Press Menu button on front of the Monitor, choose Factory Reset with - and + Keys, press Select Button. If the issue persists, contact HP to have it replaced.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could respond. My W1907 has suddenly started acting goofy. My wife may have hit a button by mistake. The monitor comes on and flashes whatever image is coing out (VGA) of the PC but then suddenly goes black. During the 1/2 second the image is displayed it looks normal with normal colors. I've tried attaching it to a DVI port to see if it is somehow in the wrong "mode", but it does the same thing and I can't get the OSD to display at all (even if no signal cable is attahced). Is it just croaked or is there some other thing I can do to reset or wake it up? (It's about 3 years old and has always been treated with care.) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

HP Recommended

AlarusPilot,

Please start you own post.  Hijacking another's post is consider rude forum protocol.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could respond. My W1907 has suddenly started acting goofy. My wife may have hit a button by mistake. The monitor comes on and flashes whatever image is coing out (VGA) of the PC but then suddenly goes black. During the 1/2 second the image is displayed it looks normal with normal colors. I've tried attaching it to a DVI port to see if it is somehow in the wrong "mode", but it does the same thing and I can't get the OSD to display at all (even if no signal cable is attahced). Is it just croaked or is there some other thing I can do to reset or wake it up? (It's about 3 years old and has always been treated with care.) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution? I thought it might be the cable, but it's not. Screen doesn't stay on long enough for menu/ factory reset.  I apologize if this is bad forum form. fep3

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I eventually replaced the monitor as it seemed to be an unsolveable problem.

HP Recommended

So your problem is fixed?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my monitor the screen just goes black. Purchased brand new and treated with care. I am about to throw it out and switch to sony or samsung. What happen HP first my Pavilion p6311f craps out at only 1 year and six months saying no drives found, so I added a PCI SATA card to access my drives so sad HP. The monitor started this about a year ago I guess it is all just junk. I will never waist my money on HP again!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.