Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

These are two pictures I took of my HP W2207H monitor.  The screen flickers, and the colors are not correct.  This happened suddenly.  Sometimes the monitor still works for a while.  Moving the monitor or using it too long will also make it do this.  I use it on my windows xp, and xbox, and the problem is the same on both of them.  My computer also works perfectly with another monitor.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a somewhat inexpensive way to fix it?

IMG_2882 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2891 - Copy.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.  For your information, "Bump" doesn't work on this forum.  We all follow our threads until they are complete.

I agree that it appears to be a hardware problem.  I don't believe that monitor repair is considered a DIY project unless you have a lot of expertise.  If not, you can do more harm than good.  You can check with a local certified repair shop to see if it would be cheaper to fix or buy a new one.  Personally, if it was me, I would buy a new monitor if the current one is over 3 years old.  Technology is developing at light-speed.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Promet, welcome to the forum.

As you can see, the pictures that you posted don't work.

Here is the "Display Quality Issues" page for the monitor.  There are several guides that may help with a solution to your problem.  If none of these guides help, it may be a hardware problem.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

IMG_2886 - Copy.JPG

The image seems to work when I post it.  Because it occurs whether it's hooked up to the computer or x-box, I'm almost certain it is a hardware problem.  It is feasible to fix it, or just buy a new one?

HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.  For your information, "Bump" doesn't work on this forum.  We all follow our threads until they are complete.

I agree that it appears to be a hardware problem.  I don't believe that monitor repair is considered a DIY project unless you have a lot of expertise.  If not, you can do more harm than good.  You can check with a local certified repair shop to see if it would be cheaper to fix or buy a new one.  Personally, if it was me, I would buy a new monitor if the current one is over 3 years old.  Technology is developing at light-speed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.