Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 19-2113W All in one PC
I have not charged my computer in 10 months. I finally plugged it in lastnight and left it charging until evening today. I've pressed the power button for one minute with the charger plugged in and without, computer does not turn on. When charger is plugged in the power part does light up. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Juanarocha06

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the HP 19 AIO desktop PC isn't powering on anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is there a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black,
you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
  2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
  3. Start computer using the battery only
  4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
  5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps covered in this document, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

if the wall power is  ok,  (home electric power to the wall jack)

and the cord connected ok.

the PC needs service

find a shop and get it service, just like when your car fails. a tech will do tests to diagnose the CAUSE.

HP has a page just for no start.   why not read this and do the steps?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-19-2113w-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-(ENERGY-STAR)/6879095/model/7...

is the power pack to PC at about 19vdc

is the lamp inside glowing (led) seen in photo below>?

this PC has  near likeness to a Laptop mother board, no BATTERY operation though.

it runs off 19vdc, from the power pack, toally , NO PSU , no battery,. I guess no fans?   not even a CPU fan? ever hear a fan before, if yes, then power is GONE.

so that LED is next. this is your MOBO, see jack1, that is the 19vdc jack , any DMM meter made can read volts there.

this LED must glow, if it Does. the you can see BIOS screens, can you?

glow.JPG

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

that is all i can do

HP seems to NOT have a service manual for this cheap PC.

sad no,?  id never buy one lacking that.

and a parts list. 

I guess HP is going to same deal as imports (Toshiba, etc), no docs, no parts, no books, and throwaway.

If such a book existed, id have checked all parts inside for possible failure. like CPU fans, or GPU fans.

but can't.

so i shopped at Ebay for you, just to see whats inside (pathetic no?)

so a tech would next check this , for proper operations, at power on it MUST SPIN.

fan.JPGif this fails, the PC shuts down fast as soon and 3 seconds.  or less.  The fan fails or the heat sink fails, the CPU has hidden inside thermal sensors that shuts itself down

fast, (or can take hours if vents packed in lent)

always learn and listen for fans,  they are critical on all fast computers made.

the only useful document at HP is this , end of life,  page,  shows how to strip it to pieces,

and shows only 1 coil cell battery. there.

so this comment on CHARGING , i find confusiong...

http://h22235.www2.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/Countries/_MultiCountry/d...

I think i found a PSU here,  its unique, its  D/C to D/C inverter PSU, (no A/C)

the red card on left is the screen power inverter.

Id first watch fan X or listen to it.. sure would, 

this is all I can find on this PC,  zero service manuals online, I guess HP hates, non HP services shops... sad days ahead.

main.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello,

There is only a light on the computer's charger port when the charger is plugged in. There is no light on the keyboad nor the power button. The product number is: G4B06AA#ABA.  The only steps i've taken were pressing the power button for one minute with and without the charger plugged in and nothing happened. 

HP Recommended

im guessing you called the AC power pack a charger, but this PC has no batteries inside.

the power pack needs be tested, by subsitution or a simple voltmeter at  19vdc.

seems it dead, if the LED deep inside the PC, see in my photos are out,

the the power pack is dead.

when the pack dies, so does the fan inside.

and the PC,

and well , all things there will be dead.

start there, is my recommendation.

im confused here, the manual on this PC says nothing about a battery (operational main batteires, like all laptops have)

why are you charging? what?

HP Recommended

this is your stated PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04325034

see that? 

is that yours

please show me a battery there, its not there> anywhere.

i even read the hp book on how to strip it down for recycling, and no word there on a battery and they are toxic

so where it said battery?

here is the page for your PC at HP for , dead PC, black screens, and totally dead, or even other wise.

is that a real HP POWER PACK>?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-19-2113w-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-(ENERGY-STAR)/6879095/model/7...

is the HARD disk and fan both slient, , then the power pack is DOA or you mixed it up witn wrong one?

or is not HP , or is wrong watts. or volts.

it just have the correct power pack.. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.