cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
harryfilms
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP z800 booting issues

HP Recommended
hp z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

please help me....Im  a mac user ,only bought this hp becasuse i felt itwas a great way to edit videos on the cheap as oppose to the macs tower...but this has been a nightmare.i created a bunch of boot disk for this machine always getting error like booting data is mssing,i tried a usb bootbale using windows it says unable to read the usb disk even there's nothing wrong...im not usre what im doing ...please keep in mind i fixed computers  but mostly macs so i do have an idea  of how to deal with computer but this one leaves scrathinh my head, can someone help..i need to start my project ...i cant cause i have invested on a few Geforce GPU for this machineno wi cant even turnit on 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
iMaxx
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 29 240
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I assume you are trying to install windows on to the unit? I'm thinking that, if you're making the USB key on a Mac that the PC doesn't like it.

This site has an excellent step-by-step guide for making a bootable USB key using a Microsoft tool. It's pretty fool proof.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
harryfilms
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

that's my only option at the monemt  i have done it before and it worked fine...now it wont work at all...i also noticed one of the fans near the pci slot does not spin at all...also thanks for your respond...it simply refuses to boot via the usb,the internal hhd,it keeps saying something wrong the boot drive,also initiallythe boot drive was working fine then it just stopped booting which brings me to this situation...im thinking there's something in the bios that im overlooking  

0 Kudos
harryfilms
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for all your helps,but it turns out the pc simply woul not accpt the boot disc created by mac even though i did not use bootcamp...i had to use an actual windows machine 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation