I have an older model HP p6310t. My current hard drive is about to fail and did fail tests with bad sectors. i purchased a brand new exact model "seagate barracuda 1 TB model #ST 1000DM003-1CH162"
1) I removed the current"old" or "in use" hard drive
2) installed the new hard drive
3) I have the HP recovery disks direct from HP 4of4
4) follow the directions
5) boot the pc up and the black screen with the message comes up "hard disk failure imminent" ect ect
WHY!??? I just put a new drive in
6) I can not install the recovery disks because it's either f2 or f10 which when i go into the boot menu i still can't force it to boot from the recovery disks it wants to go right to the hard drive, even when i set it to boot from the dvd drive(yes the correct dvd drive)
I'm not a great PC repair guy but I'm pretty techy. I searched everywhere for anwser to the issue and no one has any posts about this,, or from what i can find..
How do I get the stupid S.M.A.R.T function to know this is a new disk?