cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Billgarv
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Having trouble finding compatible RAM

HP Recommended
8000 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Trying to urgrade the RAM, currently has 4GB installed (2 - 2GB sticks), want to do video editing. I have researched it, and the motherboard, QK401US#ABA, is supposed to support 16GB DDR3 1333. The first ones I purchased (2 - 8GB sticks) had a much higher clock speed, and I got the five beep flashing red light. I returned them for a set that was supposed to be compatible with a 1333 speed, same thing. I bought a third set, 8GB DDR3 1333, still a five beep flashing red light. What am I doing wrong? Do I need four sticks of 4 GB? It still runs fine with the original RAM.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
y2ken
Level 9
1,377 1,355 114 382
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It does not support 8G sticks of memory. Yes, you need 4 sticks of 4G for 16G.

8000 Elite Specs

• 8GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600 (1,333-MHz) Non ECC (4 x 2GB) (SFF) (CMT)

• 16GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600 (1,333-MHz) Non ECC (4 x 4GB) (SFF) (CMT)

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation