cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pitts2k Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can I find out if a processor in one machine is compatible with a processor in another machine?

HP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I am trying to determine if the processor (AMD) in a 6305 small form factor is compatible with the intel core i3 processors in an 8300 sff and 6200 sff. The reason I am trying to find this out is I would like to put solid state hard drives in ALL of those machines. Is there a way for me to find this out?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost
Provost
26,041 24,633 3,550 7,921
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can I find out if a processor in one machine is compatible with a processor in another machine?

@Pitts2k

You can not interchange AMD and INTEL.

Different sockets and chipsets.

Sorry.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
Provost Provost
Provost
102,782 96,852 15,016 23,122
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor in your 6305 SFF is not compatible with any Intel platform.

I don't understand what bearing that would have on you being able to install solid state drives in all 3 of your machines.

I put a SSD in my 8200 Elite CMT, and 8000 Elite CMT, and they work just fine (Sandisk 240 GB SSD Plus).

Pitts2k Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry- I think I asked the wrong question. Maybe I meant to ask is it ok to put solid state drives in all 3 of these types of machines:

1. AMD processor in a 6305 small form factor

2.  intel core i3 processors in a 8300 sff

3. intelo core i3 in a 6200 sff.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
102,782 96,852 15,016 23,122
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can.

HP even offered a 256 GB SSD as an option in the Pro 6305.  See page 5.

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/HP%20Compaq%20Pro%206305%20Series%20Quick%20Specs.pdf

You will need to purchase 3.5' to 2.5" hard drive caddies to fit the SSD's in the drive bays.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation