Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue on the exact same model of HP computer.  did you ever come up with a solution?  Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended
Hello knitrite

When you say the exact model are you referring to the model p7-1154? I do not see a different BIOS available for download on the HP site except for Version 7.16 Rev. A.

As HardBeatz has mentioned: "If you happen to know what the previous version was, and have access to it you may be able to install it over the new one, but it does require having a BIOS flash utility and the previous version of the BIOS".

I suggest contacting HP support at 800-474-6836. To check if you are out of warranty you can use the HP Product Warranty Check Tool.

For in warranty and out of warranty options check out Total Care for your HP desktop PC.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Yes, the computer I'm having this problem with is a HP Pavilion p7-1154 Desktop PC

The BIOS Update I downloaded from HP was 2012-03-06 , Version:7.16 Rev. A, 2.6M.  The install failed with error about corrupt file and said to download the file again and retry.  The computer continued to work as normal until I restarted. 

Now the computer is unable to output video from onboard video ports (DVI) and none of the USB ports are not working (so no keyboard access).  I installed a PCI video card and can now see the computer won't boot past the post and continues to show a Keyboard error and wants you to press F1 to continue.  it also shows a BIOS revision/date   v7.16 12/16/2011 Since the keyboard isn't working (due to the USB issue) and there isn't any PS2 ports, so I'm stuck...

I don't have access to the setup/flash file for the previously installed BIOS and it isn't available from the HP support site for this model.  The warranty expired at the end of April, 2012.

Since the expansion ports seem to still be functional, I'm going to purchase a PCI Express USB card and see if this will allow me to get keyboard access...will report back when I have an update.

HP Recommended

no luck with the keyboard working when connected via a PCI-E USB card

Also called HP support and they can't offer any help unless I pay $60 support call fee. 

HP Recommended

This seems to be a real problem caused by HP having either the wrong or a corrupt bios on their site.

I am a computer tech and just now had the same issue, bios installs says its corrupt to re-download, I downloaded it a second time same issue. A reboot and the system will not post black screen.

I am trying to do a re-flash with a programmer to the recovery header but so far cannot get system to accept the new bios and I have no access to the orginial as HP doesn't have it on their site and is no help when contacted. If HP would jump on this and help these people that would go a long way for customer support. If you Google this issue a lot of people have had this same issue. Come on HP do something.

HP Recommended

Agreed "homecomputers".  I too work in IT and have for nearly 15 years now. 

I ultimately purchased a replacment motherboard from Ebay of the same model and replaced the bricked motherboard (thanks to this lovely BIOS update from HP).  After installing the new motherboard, the computer functioned fine again and I DID NOT install any more BIOS updates for this.

HP Recommended

Thank god I'm not alone

went to update bios, bios file said it was corrupt and to download a new one, (from where, I got mine from HP...everything should be good) restarted my computer a few hours later went into bios to see some ram information

didn't save anything in the bios, quit and exit bios, computer won't start, went to bed, figured things might be better the next day

same thing, computer starts, lights are on, no input going to monitor and the mother board keeps singing it's little tune over and over and over, can't get into bios, can't do anything it seems, called HP they told me to mess with the ram sticks and said it's a ram problem...they'll send a box and I send it away and it comes back fixed

then I reset the CMOS as found here >>http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02967715

and reset the BIOS as seen here >>http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph04760

and I am able to hit F10 to get into the bios, which seems limited considering what I used to see when I was younger...as in there aren't many options

anyways what the heck can I do? can I USB install a new bios? is there one that even works out there? I am still under warranty until Christmas and I've called HP and they are sending me a box to send it back and they'll fix it and send it to me for free

so should I just stop troubleshooting now and let HP fix it for free? Or is there a way I can fix it at home

regards, Chris

HP Recommended

if you are under warranty and HP will replace for free, i'd recommend having them fix it ASAP. 

If you are outside of warranty (like I was), I'd recommend replacing the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

Feels like I'm joining a support group.

Like so many others on this page, I too bricked my PC with this bad BIOS update. I am pretty sure I'm out of warranty, so am left with the option of getting a new motherboard or scrapping the unit.

I kinda want to use the case, processor, RAM, and drives; but am not too thrilled about getting the same 'board and always being under threat of this BIOS update breaking my PC again.

Is there any reason why I could not install another manufacturer's 'board instead of getting another AAHD3-HB?

HP Recommended

I have two e9280t HP Pavillion machines with the truckee motherboard.  They are for the most part identical.  One has bios 5.29 and the other HAD 5.26.  I attempted to update the BIOS in the second machine and it froze the machine for 15 minutes until I reset the power.  Now it will not boot.

Can you elaborate on how to fix the bios on that second machine?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.