Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline 27-k150 TouchS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get the drop down box for multiple dispaly to appear. I'm using a HDMI cable. I plugged it up to my TV and nothing happens. I did the steps to shut down my computer, then turn the tv on first, and then my computer, still nothing. I even pushed the button on the bottom left hand side of my computer, it goes black for a secong the says Game Mode No Video Signal. Even when i click on the detect button it says, Didn't detect another display. in the display example box it only shows one blue window with a 1 in it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gem-xena, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that should help you solve your problem.  Read it carefully and follow the instructions.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I tried following the guide, but the icon does not show up when i click on the volume controls. I tried connecting my laptop to the computer and I'm able to do dual screens through my laptop only.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @gem-xena.

Here is the "How to" section for connecting monitors and tv's to the computer.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.