cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gem-xena
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How do i get the drop down box for multiple display option to appear in the display setting?

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline 27-k150 TouchS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get the drop down box for multiple dispaly to appear. I'm using a HDMI cable. I plugged it up to my TV and nothing happens. I did the steps to shut down my computer, then turn the tv on first, and then my computer, still nothing. I even pushed the button on the bottom left hand side of my computer, it goes black for a secong the says Game Mode No Video Signal. Even when i click on the detect button it says, Didn't detect another display. in the display example box it only shows one blue window with a 1 in it.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,615 24,267 2,832 10,358
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gem-xena, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that should help you solve your problem.  Read it carefully and follow the instructions.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
gem-xena
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried following the guide, but the icon does not show up when i click on the volume controls. I tried connecting my laptop to the computer and I'm able to do dual screens through my laptop only.

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,615 24,267 2,832 10,358
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @gem-xena.

Here is the "How to" section for connecting monitors and tv's to the computer.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation