Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP pavillon
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Spoiler
Updated to Windows 10 about a year ago.  No problems until couple weeks ago when wifi not connecting.  I only use wireless so need suggestions on how to resolve issue without Ethernet.  Shows other WiFi connections, not mine even though I just re-entry the connection information.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PSF5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I wish I could be encouraging, but the unfortunate fact of the matter is that more and more of the original Updated-to-Win10 PCs are showing problems with each of MS's Version Upgrades.  I have several Upgraded PCs running Win10, and only very recently, with the Creator's Update (CU) have they been showing problems.

One PC has been working great since it's updated over a year ago, and then after the CU, it could not find or print to the HP networked printer anymore. After two days of troubleshooting, with no good results, I almost went out and bought a non-HP printer when, suddenly, it started working again.

Ordinarily when stuff suddenly stops working, I suspect one or more Driver updates forced onto the PC through recent Windows Updates, so I suggest to folks that they look back through the WUs for recent driver updates, remove them, reboot the PC -- and if that fixes the problems, disabling future Driver updates.

I would still recommend this action, but with MS now burying updates in Version changes (as with the CU) and in Cumulative Updates, this is getting harder and harder to do.

All I can suggest at this point is running this troubleshooing function and hoping it finds and fixes the problem:  http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=wirelessconnection.net&section=ccweb&as=true&sfs=tdoc

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1607 for 64 based systems KB4015438 failed to update 7 times on April 3, 2017 and then updated successfully on April 10. That's when I started having problems. . How I uninstall this? Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.