Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IT HAS WORKED FINE AND NOW ALL O A SUDDEN NEITHER ONE WILL GO TO FULL SCREEN SO CAN'T GET ON FACEBOOK OR AANYWHERE ELSE ON THE NET WITH EITHER ONE OF THEM. IT HAS TO VE SOMETHING REALLY SIMPLE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS-ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.!!! THANKS!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello SHILEY

Is this only happening with the 2 browsers, other programs are OK?

Also, I assume if you click on the minimized tab in the taskbar, Firefox nor Chrome will still not appear?

If so, you might have accidentally moved those windows off screen, thus why you don't see them.

Open one of the browsers, then press and hold the Alt key and tap the Spacebar. Then tap the X key.

Alt+Spacebar and X.

This will maximize the browser.

Then grab the top of the window with the cursor and move it a little to reduce the size. 

Close the browser and open it again. It should stay where you put it last.

Do this for the other browser too.

Let me know if this is what you needed.

HP Recommended

NOPE-DIDN'T WORK!!! WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE ICON TO OPEN IT ALL IT DOES IS ADDIT TO THE TASK BAR AT THE BOTTOM INSTEAD OF OPENING IT UP TO FULL SCREEN. WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE LITTLE ICON AT THE BOTTOM THAT IT ADDS YOU SEE IT BUT WON'T DO ANYTHING. YOU CAN CLOSE THE WINDOW IN CROME BUT FIREFOX WON'T CLOSE. THE ONLY WAY TO GET  IT TO OPEN TO FULL SCREEN IS TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER. IT USED TO WORK JUST FINE BUT SLL OF A SUDDEN--NOPE-WON'T DO IT ANYMORE!!! REALLY STRANGE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED. I EVEN UNINTALLED CHROME AND RE-INSTALLED IT BUT IT DIDN'T HELP.

HP Recommended

Just to clarify, I get that its not doing anything.

But when you open Firefox from the start icon, the tab will show in the task bar.

You dont try to open it from there.

Just press the Alt key and Spacebar, then X.

It should maximize.

Is that what you tried?

Also, it is not neccesary to respond in ALL CAPS. Its considered yelling at me. :smileyindifferent:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.