Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq dc5700 Microtower
Microsoft Windows XP

I need to enter bios, not the "HP setup utility", because in the utility there are no settings for SATA controller. I need to change it to IDE, but in the utility there is no option for that. How do i do it?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Why do you need to change the setting to IDE?

A BIOS update won't add that feature anyway.

If you are trying to reinstall XP and get the blue screen stop error, simply add the SATA AHCI drivers.

See this guide below.  Read the Intel section and then read the downloadable document for how to slipstream all of the sata drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SATA-drivers-for-XP-solution-on-...

I have zipped up and attached the drivers you need to slipstream below...

HP Recommended

Thank you, exactly..

I want to reinstall Win XP and it gives me BSOD. I searched for some useful tips on the internet but none of them  worked.
I'll try to add SATA AHCI drivers 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully the drivers I posted will work.

I got them from the dc7700, which has pretty much the same chipset as yours.

HP Recommended

I will try it tomorrow and I'll let know how it goes 🙂

HP Recommended

Well, I've got another problem.
I want to install the drivers by USB and F6 key. I folowed steps in the manual, but when it comes to pressing "s" key, it show up:
,,Setup could not find a floppy drive on your machine to load OEM drivers from floppy disk.
* Press ESC to cancel loading OEM drivers
* Press F3 to quit setup."

What should I do?
Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what you can do about that.

Is the FDD enabled in the BIOS?

There is a setting to enable/disable the FDD.

If you are using a USB FDD, that should just show up, I would imagine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.