• ×
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
  • ×
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

 

I am trying to install windows 7 64 bit in uefi mode on this pc.

 

As I understand, I need to set Security-Secure boot configuration-Legacy support to disabled.

 

With this configuration, when trying to install windows, the windows logo stuck and does not allow me to continue for disk selection.

 

What is the bios settings to enable uefi support installation of windows 7 64 bit?

 

The bios was upgraded to the latest (2.65)

 

Thanks

 

Moshek

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@moshek wrote:

Hi

 

I am trying to install windows 7 64 bit in uefi mode on this pc.

 



Hello,

 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

 

If I understand you correctly, you want to install Windows 7 in UEFI mode with secure boot enabled. Am I correct ?

 

If yes, then I am afraid that this will not be possible. UEFI mode and secure boot are options only for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 for computers with preinstalled Windows (OEM Windows) - best.

Windows 7 does not support secure boot >> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824987.aspx

 

 

 

However, if your question is that you want to install Windows 7 but this computer has secure boot enabled and UEFI mode enabled, then there are options. Windows 7 can be installed with secure boot disabled  +  legacy mode enabled. So, if this is the case, please disable Secure boot, then enable Legacy mode. Finally, configure Legacy mode to boot from DVD. Save the changes and boot from Win 7 DVD. Here are some instructions:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226#AbT3

>> http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2011/05/31/installing-windows-7-on-uefi-based-computer.as...

 

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi

 

This is from the bios release notes v2.18

 

Fixes
- Fixed inability to wake from network after shutting down from DOS or POST, with BIOS v2.16.
- Corrected an issue that could rarely cause inadvertent Invalid Orientation POST errors.
- Added an F10 Setup option "POST Memory Manager Runtime Allocation" to provide a workaround for a resume from hibernation issue with EFI installations of Windows 7 64-bit. Enable this option to avoid an "Unable to Resume" error condition.
- Corrected an issue that prevented booting from some SanDisk USB 3 flash devices.
Enhancements
- Enabled SD4.0 media support on All-in-One card reader.
- Updated the Intel VBIOS to v2177.
- Updated the Intel GOP driver to v5.0.1034.
- Implemented support for additional hard drives on USDT.
- Improved power consumption for tower configurations with a PCI slot.
 
 
 
If there is an issue with hibernation in efi mode it means you can install it that way - how?
HP Recommended
roduct Name: HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
Operating System: windows 8.1comes with installed
Hi
I am trying to install Redhat 6 in this
pc.
As I understand, I need to set Security-Secure boot
configuration-Legacy support to disabled.
With this configuration, when trying to install
its still not booting from DVD
after i try inside windows 8.1 pc seting-securemode-restart-selected CD/DVD now its booting from DVD
but after instalatin it shiw error
like
"mbr changed plz pres any key ro reload "
plz help me.......
HP Recommended

@rijeesh518b wrote:
roduct Name: HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
Operating System: windows 8.1comes with installed
Hi
I am trying to install Redhat 6 in this
pc.
As I understand, I need to set Security-Secure boot
configuration-Legacy support to disabled.
With this configuration, when trying to install
its still not booting from DVD
after i try inside windows 8.1 pc seting-securemode-restart-selected CD/DVD now its booting from DVD
but after instalatin it shiw error
like
"mbr changed plz pres any key ro reload "
plz help me.......

Hi @rijeesh518b

 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

 

No, not exactly.

You need to have Secure Boot disabled

and Legacy Mode - enabled

 

You may review these article and thread as an example:


>> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/The-selected-boot-device-failed-...


>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226

 

>> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/ch-...

 

 

With regards to installation errors, you may try to contact RedHat support team >> https://www.redhat.com/en/services/support

 

or post in the Fedora communities >> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/questions/

 

 

Hope this helps.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
dear team problem still not solved....
i try to boot as secure boot disable and lagazy mode enable
now its possible to boot from CD/DVD...

but on installation their is an error
now the error is like

"unhandle exception has occurd"
most likly bugg please save copy"
option1 debug
option 2 save
option 3 exit

save / exit leads to reboot
debugg getting hang

no other option available...
i tried to install 3diffrent (redhat 6)disc ...
but same error for all....

please tell me if u have solution for this.......,....
HP Recommended

@rijeesh518b wrote:
dear team problem still not solved....
i try to boot as secure boot disable and lagazy mode enable
now its possible to boot from CD/DVD...

but on installation their is an error
now the error is like

"unhandle exception has occurd"
most likly bugg please save copy"
option1 debug
option 2 save
option 3 exit

save / exit leads to reboot
debugg getting hang

no other option available...
i tried to install 3diffrent (redhat 6)disc ...
but same error for all....

please tell me if u have solution for this.......,....

Hi @rijeesh518b,

 

Thank you for posting back.

 

As you can successfully boot from the media, this is not a computer/BIOS issue - not HP issue but something with the RedHat installation. Personally, I have no technical hands-on experience with RedHat operating systems - only tested Fedora for a while and I cannot assist you with RedHat. You can wait for some other user or expert to provide suggestions for your issue or just post over Fedora's forum (or contact RedHat Support department).

 

 

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.