Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G1 USDT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am hopeful that someone in the user community may have encountered this issue.  I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1 USDT running Windows 10.  It has a Intel 7260-N adapter.  I thought it would be straightforward to upgrade to a 7260-AC adapter and take advantage of increased speeds. 

Installing the AC adapater was straightforward, but I have one issue in Windows 10.  Windows 10 believes the radios are turned off (or they actually are), and you are asked "push the button/switch" to turn them on.  Of course, there is no button/switch to turn wireless on or off, so I'm kind of stuck.

I have tried this with two AC adapters on this box, and both have had the same issue.  I checked BIOS as well as looked online for possible solutions, but have been unsuccessful.  Adapter shows up, you can change settings, but Windows 10 will not enable the adapater (it thinks about it for a while, but ultimately fails).  From a device standpoint it is enabled (and you can enable/disable it), you just don't get any radio functionality.

My question - has anyone else encountered this scenario on an HP Desktop?  If so, is there a key combination on the keyboard? 

Thank you for your input - I do appreciate it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I'm going to start one just before by saying HP has a white list of what adapters you can and cannot use. I do not know if the 7260-AC is on or off that list. Have you tried using the Intel drive update utility if the download from the Intel website. Just to make sure you have the correct driver. You may also want to uninstall whatever driver was there from the last adapter. I have the 7260 AC in a different computer I will place it in my hp elitedesk 800 g1 usdt and see if I get the same result as your. If you reply back to the thread then I will tell you what results I get. Sorry I can't be of more help but I would try the Intel drive utility that will probably work the problem out

HP Recommended

Curious if this ever got resolved.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.