Note on archived topics.
01-30-2017 06:43 PM
I've purchased my desktop 2 months ago, and I noticed that in many occasions when the Desktop goes to sleep mode and then it starts again, the keyboard would not work.
My keyboard is connected through USB.
01-31-2017 03:23 PM
Hello, @YJAMOUS – Hope you are well :)
Thanks for reaching out! I’d like to help!
I see that you are having issues with the HP Desktop keyboard. Let’s start to diagnose the issue by updating the Desktop drivers. Try the steps below to update the keyboard drivers:
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
- Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
- Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
- Restart the notebook and check.
Also, check http://hp.care/2gFuULT for more detailed troubleshooting steps.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Thank you and have a great day!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee