Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
m8190.it
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi guys,

i have an HP m8190.it , I need to update the BIOS due to continuous blue screen and this i'm quite sure is the unique solution to solve the problem.

HP stopped to support the m81900.it product on 2014, and it is correct because the PC is an old one , but I think it is possible to recover the last BIOS firmware available.

I'm asking to HP support and everybody is able to help me to solve this issue.

Thansk for your support.

NICK

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @Nick09,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing blue screen error and are looking to update the BIOS on your computer. Happy to help. 

Have you run a diagnostics on the computer?

Have you changed the configuration of your computer?

Recommend you to run a memory test and HDD test on the computer to make sure they are working fine.

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers and BIOS is updated. 

There are several reasons for you to get a blue screen error. Please refer to this article for the troubleshooting steps. 

For assistance in BIOS recovery, please refer to this article

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Chimney,

thanks for your replay, i have followed both articles, but i have not solved.

STEP 1 done

STEP 2 done

STEP 3 i'm in contact with microsoft, but it seams that the problem is not related to windows (in progress)

STEP 4 i have no previous point saved

STEP 5 the system is based on BIOS and not on UEFI

STEP 6 HP support assistant installed, but it has not found any update

STEP 7 Win updates installed

STEP 8 the system installed by HP was including win vista

Additionally the BIOS recovery is not starting, i have tried many times.

My M8190.it has the following modification:

video-board replaced due to fails of the original one (3/4 years ago)

HDD replaced due to fail of the original one (2years ago)

Win 10 due to no more updates by microsoft (installed on december 2016)

The BSOD starts to happear at the end of genuary.

Which can be the additional checks i can do to find out the cause (hardware or software) that is generating the BSOD?

Thanks a lot for your support

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. As you have mentioned that the extensive system test has passed and you have updated all the drivers. Recommend you to do a clean install of the operating system (Windows Vista,7,8 or 10) that came with the computer check. If you have not created a recovery kit on your computer, please contact our phone support to order one for your computer. 

Would it be possible for you to provide the product number of your computer? Click here for assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks again for your help

i have already done the clean installation of  win 10; it is required if the installed OS is win vista.

last week i have done the following test :

i have installed the hard disk backup with the copy of C unit (backup done 1 year ago), so inside was installed win vista and  i was able to install the last BIOS version (the OS vista was mandatory, becasue the last BIOS install pack has been developped for vista)

Moreover  in the HDD are installed all the files, drives and programs since i bought the PC up to the formatting (never done any formatting before win 10 installation), and i had no BSOD

So, i ask you if can be that the formatting deleted some file (drivers or something else) that was not automatically replaced after? (mainly related to the functionallity between mainboard and and graphic board)

Just to be sure

is my PC hardware compatible with win10 pro?

thank you very much for the time spent to help me

HP Recommended

@Nick09

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service,

I understand you've been having issues with the OS installation after the recent issue with the firmware BIOS,

To clarify, the clean installation of windows you've installed is via an HP Supplied disc? if it isn't I must let you know that HP does not support retail versions of windows purchased from local stores, etc...

I would suggest you get back to the HP Supplied OS (OEM) to resolve the issues related to the OS: Click here for details

If you no longer have a recovery media in your possession, you could obtain a new recovery media from HP: Click here for information.

If the recovery media isn't available or you don't want the HP Supplied OS and you've installed your preferred OS from Microsoft/local store, you may need to Contact them for further support.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for your promt replay

i have bought win 10 from them, because the OS installed by HP on my PC (win vista)i is old, and soon  it will no more supported with the microsoft update.

This is the reason why i have replaced it.

Now i have already contacted microsoft and concerning the compatibility they have wrote me to ask this to the manufacturer of my PC, because microsoft have verified the hardware (and these are compatible), but the compatibility is related also on the installed driver (mainly related to the mother board), and this is developped by HP, and microsoft have not possibility to verify (this is the microsoft answer).

So i'm asking you:

- Is my PC compatible with win 10?

- can be that the formatting deleted some file (drivers or something else) that was not automatically replaced after? (mainly related to the functionallity between mainboard and and graphic board)

Thanks on time more

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. 

I am unable to find the product specifications of your computer with the product number shared by you. 

However, if you want to know if your computer is compatible with Windows 10 or not. Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the issue persists, please revert the computer back to its original OS and check. 

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.