cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jdrolte
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Larger Hard Drive Recommendations

HP Recommended
rp5700 SKU No. AK967US#ABA
iOS

I purchased an rp5700 Business System computer from Radio Shack during there sale due to their closing.  The hard disk had been "wiped clean" and I plan to install Windows 7 Pro plus a moderate amount of programs.

The BIOS is 786E4 v01.03 and it reports the hard disk as SATA0 80.0 GB, ST380815AS, firmware 3.CHH serial # 9R4E4MY.

I understand Windows 7 takes approximately 16 GB for installation.  I do not know how much MS Office pro takes and the other programs that I may install.

What  is the limit that can be run with this motherboard?  I was thinking a disk with 500 GB to 1.0 TB.

In addition, should I update the BIOS after installing Windows 7?

Thank you,

Jim

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,042 119,220 19,462 29,740
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Jim:

Below is the link to the quickspecs for that model PC.

You can check the supported hard drive sizes HP offered in that model on page 8.

http://www.semicron.com/hprp5700.pdf

I don't see any reason why you couldn't install a 1 TB HDD in there.

If you are going to update the BIOS, I recommend you do it beforehand.

I don't see a reason to update the BIOS, however if you do, use the F10 BIOS flash method.

I prefer that over the Windows based flash method.

jdrolte
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I plan to follow your recommendations.

Jim

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,042 119,220 19,462 29,740
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Jim.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation