Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy Desktop 750-150xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I lost the Partition to windows (formatted) and Hps recovery software does not work. Gives me a very vague error with no help. Tells me to contact Hp. They are trying to rip me off for $60 just to start. I never even used there support before  and my computers just over a year now. I really should have ever since  the purchase but did not find the time. Anyway, I delyt with all the issues but now I really need help. I tried factory reset, does not work. If I could get the recovery software I could probably get it up and running again but hp shuts me out before I ever have a chance to ask customer service about how to get it.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Formatting the C: drive breaks the Recovery function which requires some files on C to launch into recovery. If you formatted the entire hard drive you also deleted files needed to do a system recovery. HP Recovery Manager when working formats the C: partiton before reinstalling Windows. HP Recovery Manager could have also been used to create Recovery Media on dvd or usb flash drive.

Sounds as if you formatted away all of your free options. Purchase Recovery Media from HP seems to be only way back now.

OR-free  Windows 10 disk from MS- use the Media Creation Tool :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply. I called hp team service and the guy told me I was going to lose my Windows product key, he was lying and tried to get me to spend $100 for the help. Rip off! All I wanted was recovery media which hp conveniently does not make for a nearly new computer. CON ARTIST! any way I downloaded Windows media, formatted every part of every drive eliminated all the hp crap then deleted every partition. BOOM! Windows installed a fresh copy in 15 min and now I have a perfect pc with none of the hp garbage that was on it and now all hardware runs flawlessly which it did not when I received it!
HP Recommended

I am not sure why no Recovery Media is available-I have inquired about that since HP still offers even Windows 8 media. Anyway-good to hear the alternative I offered has you back up and running. Another we can mark as Solved! 🙂

HP Recommended

Update- Today the link is working to order Recovery Media..if you are interested. It is on your Support page on the drivers/software list as the last entry.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/8501...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.