cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
screentime
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

MSI GTX 750 ti will not start up properly with my HP 3400 mt

HP Recommended
HP Pro 3400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After installing my MSI N750 Ti 2GB on my computer and switching to legacy mode on the cards BIOS switch I can't get past the blue HP boot up screen followed 30 seconds later with a black screen and a cursor at the top left of the screen. However , I managed to the computer running with the card by having VGA adapter unplugged from the card before turning it on. After the computer beeps 6 times with an orange light on after start up I plug the VGA cable back into the card and after 30 seconds followed by a beep the computer starts up fine with the Windows 7 start up. Although it seems to work fine after doing this process , I would like to have it start up normally without having to plug in a cable every time to make it work. 

Specs :

300w PSU

8GB of RAM

I5-2300 @ 2.8GHZ

1TB HDD

Generic Centrino motherboard with 7.16 version BIOS

Running on Windows 7 64 Bit

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,626 24,278 2,834 10,371
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@screentime, welcome to the forum.

This problem will most likely be solved by MSI's Tech Support.  I believe that it may have something to do with the fact that it is not working properly with a Legacy BIOS.  They are the experts on their products and should be able to help you easily.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation