cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kennyhendrick2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Memory upgrade 19-2113w

HP Recommended

I'm a computer repair shop and have probably about a thousand sticks of ram around here.  I've tried 2gb and 4gb all in 12800 memory (even the same as what came with the unit which is samsung).

Black Screen everytime.   I've not tried the factory ram in the secondary slot to see if it boots....this is unusual as I've tried at least half a dozen sticks now and nothing works.

I'm wondering if just pulling the battery out of the unit will cause it to recount the newly added memory.   Will post back shortly after trying (I just came on looking to see if someone else has the problem...seems there is others).

brb

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 2
31 28 0 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

Does the laptop give any beeps? Just wondering otherwise it might be something else then the RAM which is causing the system not to boot.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation