Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The problem can be fixed if you don't need to use the front control buttons.

Simply remove/pry off the front plastic beval around the monitor( I used a couple of butter knives) but don't scratch the front glass.

Flip over the monitor resting it on a flat surface( i laid it on the bed). Again pry off the semi circular beval at the back. Now remove the four screws holding the monitor stand to to monitor. The monitor should now seperate from the back cover. Dis connect the cable to the four button switch assembly. Note that all this is done with no signal and power cables attached. Re-assemble in the reverse order. Take in positioning the power switch on the top of the monitor.

Rgds.

I'll call HP to see if they'll sell the switch assembly by itself, though I doubt it. 

HP Recommended

My HP Monitor is constantly going to sleep.  I've been able to get at the On Screen Display and access management controls and tried everything there.  I disabled Sleep, shut down DCI, but then it still goes to sleep.   How does "Disconnecting the front panel switches" stop the monitor from going to sleep.  It is also in "Auto Screen Resolution" mode and forcing the display to "1440 x 900" no matter what I set it at.  

This HP monitor just has too many built in function and is out of control.  I would love to disconnect the front panel switches and only use the display driver but I think the DCC or DCi must be enabled,...???? right???

HP Recommended

Fyi, ... I had the same problem and needed to reboot every morning.  ThenI changed the "Sleep and display settings that you want your computer to use." from never and never, (to see below) and the problem went away and its been two weeks now without a hitch.  Give it a try.  Thx

Turn off the display: 10 minutes
Put computer to sleep: 5 hours

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue but it just started. I though my whole computer was freezing up but it is the monitor.  I can work on the system for about an hour and then the monitor locks up and I can turn it back on.  I have had computer for 3 years and this problem just started up. Any help would be appreciated.  

HP Recommended

Dear sir

my computer is properly work but some time moniter is going to sleep mode.

I use to source button and sellect to vga cable but not work plz help about sleep mode.

HP Recommended

HI

I've been having the same problem, nothing fixed it - until I simply hit the "OK" button on the monitor, - and it came back on, no worries!

HP Recommended

Dear 

Go to-----> start -----> control panel ----> power option--->balanced (re)------> change plan settings

turn off the display--->never

put the computer to sleep--->never

then click--->change advanced power setting

select balanced[active]

allow hybrid sleep--->off

allow wake timer--->disable.

change this setting to high performance and power saver also.

HP Recommended

I had a computer guy come out to fix this after testing the monitor and confirming it was good with another PC.  I also took the computer in to best buy and had them boot it up to see if it was the mother board or graphics card.  It booted up there fine.  Get it back home--get the same monitor goes right to sleep. 

The guy said to unplug the computer while powered down from the back of the CPU.  NOT from the wall but from the CPU.  He then reseated the memory whilst we were griping about PC's and he was admiring my new MAC.  PC now works like a champ.  He said usually just unplugging from the back of the CPU and leaving it 15 minutes or so does the trick.  Who knew?  Dang PC's.  I'm going MAC and never looking back.  I just need more $$.

HP Recommended

My computer (compaq) starts but the moitor shows no signal Going to sleep. The CPU is running but no display of the screen. Please give a solution.

HP Recommended

How do I solve this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.