Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a6683w Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My Computer keeps getting a Blue Screen error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               7a

BCP1:                                                    C0415E10

BCP2:                                                    C000000E

BCP3:                                                    2C2D3860

BCP4:                                                    82BC2F7E

OS Version:                                          6_1_7601

Service Pack:                                       1_0

Product:                                               768_1

and other times it is locking up, and I will have to force a shutdown then restart my computer.

I have recently upgraded (clean install) from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium.  The blue screen error started the next day after I did the upgrade (approx 1/10/17), then the locking up started about 5 days ago (approx 2/3/17).  I went to the HP driver updates and downloaded all of the available updates and installed them with the exception of  the following which would not update (error codes listed):

sp40913 - Motherboard BIOS Update (Ver 5-14)                                       Error Code:   9998

sp52418 - Motherboard (M2N68-LA) Bios Upgrade (Ver 6-14)            Error Code:     253

sp44455 - HP Recovery Manager Application Update                             Error Code:      259

sp54931 - HP Support Assistant Application Update                              Error Code:   1602

I had to update the motherboard when I as using Windows Vista, but cannot get an update to install for Windows 7.  Also, HP update is telling me that all my drivers and software is up to date.

I have seen in a Windows forum that others are having the blue screen error and they suggested updating Nvidia which I have done with no change to my problem.

If there is anything that anyone could suggest I would greatly appriciate it.

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tonyspicer1966

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion a6683w Desktop PC and the since the time it is upgraded to Win7, there is a blue screen error.You have tried to update the drivers and few drivers posted by you did not get installed. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is there a particular STOP error code like 0x00, etc. or something like this on the blue screen?
  • Does the blue screen appear while you're using a specific application or does it appear randomly? 
  • Is the PC running slow and how often does the blue screen error come up?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know what happens. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I appreciate your reply, however,  I have tryed both.  The drive and memory test passed, and the troubleshooter found no problems.  I'm stumpted as to what else it could be.  I ran a full test of all my hardware and they all passed.  

HP Recommended

@tonyspicer1966

You're welcome and thanks for trying the suggested steps. 🙂

As the hardware tests passed, this is purely an operating system issue. I would like to know if you receive a STOP error code at the blue screen. Also, did you try the Automated Troubleshooter as suggested in my previous post?

Let em know. I'll guide you further. Thanks again! 

HP Recommended

Yes I did try the troubleshooter but it said that it could not find any problems.   The only information I received from the blue screen message was copy and pasted to my origional post.

HP Recommended

@tonyspicer1966

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

If it is the genuine Win7 operating system disk then you may try to repair the operating system using that disk.

• Boot the computer using the Win7 disk.

A screenshot of the Windows 7 setup repair your computer link

• Please follow the onscreen instructions to continue with the repair. 

If Windows cannot be repaired then you may try to reinstall it. 

Hope this helps. Let me know. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.