cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zwischenhof
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP EliteOne 800 G2 23-in touch All-in-One PC, is not able to start-up after an update

HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 (CZC6497kn5)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP EliteOne 800 G2 23-in touch All-in-One PC, is not able to start-up after an update wich it could not complete.

Error code: 0xc0000098

I am unabel to repair during startup

What can I do, I have no recovery-media?

Regards

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> What can I do, I have no recovery-media?

Since you were running Windows 10, you have a "digital entitlement" to reinstall Windows 10, at no cost to you.

Download Windows 10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Copy it to a 8GB USB memory-stick, or burn a few DVD-recordable disks.

Remove the current disk-drive from your computer -- all your personal files are still accessible, even though Windows will not boot.

Buy a new disk-drive, and install it.

Install Windows 10, by booting from the USB stick (or those DVD disks).

When prompted for a product-key, click "I do not have a product-key", to leverage your entitlement.

Run Windows Update to add support for all the HP-specific hardware.

Buy: https://www.startech.com/HDD/Adapters/USB-3-SATA-adapter-cable-with-UASP~USB3S2SAT3CB

or something similar.

Connect your "old" disk-drive to this adapter, and connect the adapter to a USB 3 socket on your computer.

Copy your files from that disk-drive onto your new 'C:' drive.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation