cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DanteG
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My Hp Compaq won't start

HP Recommended
Hp Compaq dc5800 Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Hp Compaq dc5800 Microtower won't start sometimes there is just a green light when I press the button but when I let go it turns off. Other times its gives me a flashing red light and beeping noises. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,740 6,724 634 1,516
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi DanteG

Please check this link to common HP/Compaq error codes. You may find the cause at this site.

Grzy

0 Kudos
DanteG
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It says Flashing failed (checksum error, corrupted image, etc.) what should I do.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,164 119,341 19,492 29,787
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @DanteG :

There is a specific troubleshooting guide for your model and the beep codes, red flashing lights are different that what you read above.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01363877

See appendix a, starting on page 57, for the list of beep codes, and recommended troubleshooting steps.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation