cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fothewino
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My Presentation Font Cache application runs and runs taking up over 50% of CPU upon reboot or start

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart300
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have to go to Task Manager and end the task so that my computer works like normal.  Otherwise, everything bogs down.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fothewino

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP TouchSmart 300 series PC. I read that an application keeps running known as "My Presentation Font Cache application" and takes up 50% of the CPU. You have to go to the Task Manager and end the task to that computer works normally. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did you ever install the "My Presentation Font Cache" application and do you use it?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Please disable the "My Presentation Font Cache" from the startup: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03314799

• Search and open "system configuration" in Windows 10.
  • The below windows appears:

Services tab

• Under the Services and Startup tab, look for the "My Presentation Font Cache" and disable it. Click on apply and OK. 
  • This may require the PC to be restarted.

If the issue persists upon restart then I suggest you to uninstall the program from your PC. This link will guide you to uninstall the My Presentation Font Cache application.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know hwo it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation