cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davevery
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My hard drive is to be replaced under a Square Trade warranty. I need the Windows 10 recovery media

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 21-h010 TouchSmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free. When my hard disk was replaced a few months ago, support helped me download onto a flash drive the recovery media needed when the new disk was installed. Where do I get it again?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,135 119,312 19,484 29,775
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can make your own W10 installation media by using the Media Creation Tool at the link below, to reinstall W10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you get to the part where you are asked to enter a product key, you select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically reactivate once you are connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation