cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hdude
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Need help with resetting the CMOS on a Touchsmart 9100 via the motherboard jumper

HP Recommended
Touchsmart 9100
iOS

I need to remove a BIOS password from a recently purchased used Touchsmart 9100.

The instructions are vague and they show the motherboard but they should have showed a picture of the jumper block with the pins shorted correctly to remove the BIOS password.

The jumper block is labeled E69 and there are 3 pins on the left and 3 on the right.

I have labeled them below as I see them and wondered if I need to take both jumper 1 (Pin 3 and Pin 5)  and Jumper 2  (pin 4 and Pin 6) off and then then where to put the jumper(s) for 5 seconds to remove the password.

Pin 1 None           Pin 2  None

Pin 3 Jumper 1   Pin 4    Jumper 2

Pin 5 Jumper 1   Pin 6    Jumper 2     E69 <--------[CMOS PW]

Thanks

Harold

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation