Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1170d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi!
My computer crashed recently and after i turned it on, the network adapter couldnt be detected. I tried to install/update drivers from HP website but it states that there are no driver downloads available for windows 10. How do i get the software? Thanks!

Model: h8-1170d
Network adapter: Ralink Dual stream 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Are you sure that you don't have a Realtek PCIe LAN adapter instead of a RaLink one?

The followng image is from the only Windows 8 driuver available for your desktop PC at the driver download sectiod of the suport portal.

Realtek.png

Try the following Realtek driver for Windows 10.

http://realtek-download.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/0016-Install_Win10_10013_02202017.zip

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Hi thanks for the quick reply.
From what i understand, isn't the realtek pci gbe family controller for ethernet based connections only? And my computer is supposed to have wireless connection.
Anyway that aside, i have tried installing the realtek driver but it still does not work
HP Recommended

Sorry, I didn't catch the disconnect between the subject and the descri

ption you had in the post. I will look at it again.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Sorry about that!
HP Recommended

Nah. That was my mistake. 😉

Can you use the device manager to provide a PCI\VEN character string for the adapter?

You may end up deciding that it would be simpler to purchase a Windows 10 802.11b\g\n compatible PCIe x1 adapter and replace the existing one. That is the simpler solution in the long term.

It hasn't really been supported with updated drivers since Windows 7.

HP Recommended
Unfortunately i think i made a mistake and uninstalled the driver... i made sure not to check the " delete driver from device" box and restarted but it did not reappear.
Tried to scan for hardware changes and also did a system restore(which encountered an errorand failed) so im unable to get the character string for the adapter
HP Recommended

OK. Then try installing the driver again.

Seriously, I would just get a Windows 10 compatible adapter to replace it with.

HP Recommended
How do i go about doing that?
HP Recommended

@Zyyeox3 wrote:
How do i go about doing that?

I see your point.

Well, you know your options. I have stated them already.  See the following search for Windows 10 compliant PCIe wifi adapters.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=PPCIe+x1+wifi+adapter+windows+10+compliant&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=f...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.