Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 251-015a Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I bought a new "HP 251-015a Desktop" and it comes with a "AMD Radeon R5 330" graphics card.

The graphics card itself does not have any video output socket.

I connected two monitors to the video outputs on the main board, one to the VGA output and one to the HDMI output. 

When I checked the video adapters of the two connected monitors, they all show that they are connected to the "Intel HD Integrated Graphics". In Windows device manager, it lists the two video adapters, "AMD Radeon R5 330" and "Intel HD Integrated Graphics".

Just wondering how I could connect my two monitors to use the "AMD Radeon R5 330" graphics card.

Regards,

Nick

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Nick, welcome to the forum.

Here is the information that is on the Product Specifications page:

Figure : AMD Radeon R5 330 graphics card View of Radeon R5 330 graphics card

• Board: 4 layer
  • Dimensions: 4.518 in x 2.712 in
  • Memory size: 2 GB
  • Engine clock: 650 MHz
  • Memory clock: 900 MHz
  • Multi Display Support: N/A
  • Supports Blu-ray
  • Total power consumption: <25 W

There has to be a video port on the video card.  However, it states that Multi Display Support is Not Applicable, as you can see highlighted in orange.  If you could provide a picture of the back of the computer it would be helpful.  I can't find any information on the card.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks old_geekster.

On the back of the computer, there is no socket where is graphics card is installed.

Untitled.png

Thanks

Nick

HP Recommended

Please anyone ? 

Anyone has a clue as to what I need to do? I googled it and I could not find anything about it.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

I have taken your issue up with the appropriate people within HP.

Could you open the PC and take a picture of the inside? There may be a graphics card with no connections because it is switchable. If you notice it appears there is some sort of etching on the bottom slot. So if there is a card in there, it is using switchable graphics...

This will possibly solve the mistery of the phantom video card.

HP Recommended

Well, you are absolutely correct that the card has no ports.  It is not meant to have them.  Your computer has switchable graphics.  Basically, this means that the integrated and the video card work together to power your monitor.  When more power is needed than the integrated graphics can provide, it switches to the graphics card.  I hope this makes sense to you.  I believe that HP will be adding more information to the Product Specification page on this situation.  I would appreciate it if you would open the case to verify that there actually is a graphics card available and let me know.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much old_geekster for going through all the trouble to find out the truth for me. Really appreciate it.

Yes I did  open (and at the same time voided the warranty ) the case and the graphics card is there.

The automatic switch between the cards is what I suspected how it would work.

Regards,

Nick

HP Recommended

@NewNickToo

Here is more information that was provided to me from an HP employee:

r5330.jpg

And the specs:

r5330 specs.jpg

This will explain a bit more about your system.  HP's card will not have the AMD sticker on it.  This setup is only being used in Asia at this point.  This is why I wasn't aware of it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I've just been wondering the exact same thing, this was the only post I could find online that had shed any light on the situation! 

Much Appreciated!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @justind969.  I am glad that it helped you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.