Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 320-1050
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi...Went to turn on my PC (re model above) four days ago and it was not responsive. I had left it in sleep mode the night before which I have done many times, and it usually turns on with a touch of the mouse...nothing.

I went on to HP troubleshooting support and followed the guidelines for checking the adapter. No breakages or obvious wear on the cable connections. Checked the wall outlet by plugging in a lamp....fine. Tried plugging it in to another wall outlet which I knew was working, still nothing.

The only thing I have noticed is that the green light on the main adapter unit is flashing and there is a corresponding, but barely perceptible beeping sound emitting from same. 

Went on to HP tech support but was informed that my warranty expired in 2014 and that if I wanted to phone a technician it would cost me a minimum charge of $59.99 
I decided to go to the spare parts order page instead to see if I could order a new adapter unit, but when I input the part # it came back that it was not orderable (?) and to try one of their partner sites....1 only in Canada. Checked, also did not carry that adapter. Am feeling frustrated here... Any advice or help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here is a troubleshooting guide for similar problems

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net&section=ccweb&sfs=isearch&language=e...

When you indicate the "adapter" are you talking about the 150W external power adapter?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello, and many thanks for your prompt response. Short answer...Yes...I have the 150w adapter.

HP Recommended

While I do not know about the closeness with trade but here is the power supply on Amazon.  You can check if there is a Canadian amazon or if they will ship to you.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Replacement-Adapter-TouchSmart-320-1000/dp/B006HNQHNS

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for taking the time to source a replacement power adapter via amazon.com. I did check amazon.ca earlier but the only compatible unit I could find was $132 cdn. plus S+H

The item you sourced was compatible but did not come complete with the power cord. I think the cost is in US $ which is stronger than our Cdn $ so will round at a little less than the alternative with the exchange rate. (This is still somewhat confusing to this ex pat Brit..lol)

Thank you for your help. I will certainly look into it. 🙂

HP Recommended

Just letting you know that I received a new HP power adapter yesterday (29th March) and was hopeful that it would be the solution to getting my PC back online. Nothing! The same problem as the original power adapter. Flashing green light on the main adapter unit accompanied by a faint beeping sound.
The main power switch on my PC would not respond.

Clearly this is not the fault of the power adapter. I don't know which way to go with this now.

I have a lot of memories and sensitive information on that hard drive and now I can't access it.

If anyone has any advice or a possible solution. I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Depending on the availability of service shops in your area, it might be a good idea to visit one for an estimate on the repairs cost.  Hopefully it is a modest expense.  If it then seems to be more than it is worth, return the new power supply. 

Considering the last statement "I have a lot of memories and sensitive information on that hard drive and now I can't access it."

Getting the information from the old computer is not a major problem.  Remove the hard drive from the failed AIO and obtain a USB to SATA/IDE adapter similar to this:https://www.walmart.com/ip/NEW-USB-2.0-to-2.5-3.5-IDE-SATA-HDD-Hard-Drive-Converter-Adapter-Cable-AC...

From a working PC,  connect the hard drive to that adapter and then access the information and move it to another media, either flash drive, DVD, external hard drive, or the hard drive of the hosting PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.