Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Need help conecting all of the cords for part HP P/N 505163-001 S/N [removed serial number] for my HP Slimline s5113w PC. I connected all but 2 of the cords. I cord is square/rectangle shaped and has 5(6 really, but the upper/bottom middle slot is covered) slots. The 2nd cord is the smallest of the white connectors. Please any help will be appreciated.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This would be easier if you were to provide photos of all of the cord/cable ends but try these ports;

c01701274.jpg

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Okay here is some pics of the 2 cords. I hope they are veiwable. 100_2243.JPG

HP Recommended

Guycc1973

Did you ever figure out where those 2 wires went? I'm having the exact same problem.

Tom

HP Recommended

IMG_3838.JPG

HP part number 505163-001 

HP Pavilion SlimLine S5000 6-in-1 Memory Card Reader Combo

Chris -

HP part provides the following Front I/O functions:

IMG_3837.JPG

Function : Identifying connector and cable.

x2 USB Ports : White 2x5, one pin blocked, 2 cables. Intel standard (USB)
Memory Card Reader (6-in-1) : White 1x5, one pin blocked, 5C cable.  1/2 standard (USB)
Passive IR Receiver :  Black 2x3, one pin blocked, 5C cable  Used with TV Tuner add-on card
Headphone Jack : Yellow 2x5, one pin blocked, 5C cable.  Intel standard (Audio)
LED for Hard Drive Access : 2-pin connector for harness to motherboard Front Panel Header

LED for Wireless LAN usage : Black/Blue Twisted pair with JST nylon connector. When "WiFi" feature installed.

Front Panel I/O Connectivity

Design Guide, version 1.2 -- April 2004

Intel Corporation

http://www.formfactors.org/developer%5Cspecs%5Ca2928604.pdf

====

The 2 connectors (your query) are not used on all Pavilion Slimline models,

due to differences in features present (or lacking) on different motherboards.

The HP Pavilion s5113w model used the Pegatron (AsusTek) M2N68-NA (Narra5) motherboard

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01775858

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.