Note on archived topics.
03-18-2017 12:14 PM
My new HP Pavilion Wave speaker doesnt work. There is sound when the headphone is plugged in the desktop though.
I've tried several solutions suggested like updating the drivers under Device manager but to no avail.
03-19-2017 01:07 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Pavillion Wave PC and the speaker in it is not working. However, there is sound when the headphones are connected. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- Did any changes or updates happen on the PC?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Type control panel in the taskbar search box, and then select Control Panel. Select System and Security. 2. Under Security and Maintenance, select Troubleshoot common computer problems, and then select Troubleshoot audio playback.
- Be sure that you connected powered speakers and that they are turned on.
- Turn off your computer, and then disconnect and reconnect the speakers. Be sure that the speakers are connected to an audio jack, not a microphone or headphone jack.
- If the issue still persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link: http://hp.care/2mG3Rl3
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. All the best! :)
03-22-2017 09:40 AM - last edited on 04-24-2017 02:50 PM by Omar-E
Please follow the steps as mentioned in the document below.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on “Thumbs Up” STAR to say thanks!***
03-25-2017 04:59 PM
From the menu that pops up select "manage audio devices"
From the menu that pops up select HP Pavilion Wave
Then click the set default button at bottom