Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1040nl (LN847E)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I'm currently owning a HP Pavilion p7-1040nl (LN847E) and would like to upgrade for the time being. I want to buy a new processor which will be compatible with my motherboard(1155). I've read an older post from the HP website(2011) which stated that the motherboard will only accept second generation intel processors. 3th generation is also campatible with socket 1155, so i'm wondering if a 3th generation will work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

KevinKater

HP states your PC's motherboard supports the following Intel processors:

• Core i3-2xxx series
  • Core i5-2xxx series
  • Core i7-26xx series

The specs for this PC show the stock product has an Intel  i3 (2nd Gen) 2100 processor.

Only, unless a different forum member has tried it, HP can answer this question. 

Intel has this to say about backward and forward compatibility. Your MB has an Intel H67 chipset. The H67 chipset should support this. The question is, did HP provide BIOS support for using a 3rd Gen CPU? Or is there an HP BIOS update that provides support?

Please see here for the only BIOS update issued by HP for your PC. The fix does not refer to providing enhanced processor support.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.