Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I agree completely!!  I have also posted this problem at microsoft and no help there either.

Here is a reply that may make sence but no resolution to the problem.

"I have the same motherboard, same symptoms.  Windows 10 upgrade fried it.  I know this post is old but maybe somebody will see this.  This is what I have to say about it.  People are saying that a Windows 10 install can't break a computer but they are wrong.  

The reason is because this bios is UEFI.  Windows 10 will modify the UEFI with the secureboot information.  It appears that upgrading to Windows 10 corrupted UEFI on this motherboard and rendered this thing a brick.  The only solution would be to re-image the UEFI bios to factory again or restore it somehow.  Unfortunately I wouldn't have a clue on how to do that with it in its bricked state.

I just wanted to point out it isn't just you, and there is a legitimate issue with this motherboard, UEFI and a failed Windows 10 install.  This particular one had ESET on it prior to the upgrade and there is an issue with Windows 10 and ESET, so the upgrade failed.  

I am in the process of trying to use the recovery UEFI bios to get somewhere but it isn't going well but I will update this thread if I find a solution.  I know you no longer have the machine most likely, but it may help someone in the future."

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c718937f-fa31-4bc4-9c53-195f139b5b81/win-10-rollba...

Thanks,

John

HP Recommended

anybody solved this issue i had the same problem the last couple of days. my "Pavalion 500-081ea" as had window 10 on it since it came out last year & as been fine till Saturday when window done a update. now can't get it to bootup. 

If i power down & take out the CMOS battery then hold the power button in for 60 seconds, then put the battery back in & boot up it comes up a black screen with:

Processer Type: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3330S CPU @ 2.70GHz

Processer Speed: 2700MHz

L1/L2/L3 Cache Size: 8192 MB DDR3 / 1600 MHz / Single Channel

Channel A: XMM1 8192MB

Channel B: XMM2 0MB

BIOS Revision/Date: v8.15 02/05/2013

Time & Date Not Set

F1: Boot 

press F1 then it goes black & my monitor flashs "Out Of Range". Power down the PC by press the power button start the PC & the screen is blank again. 

if i hold in the power button for about 3 second & tap the ESC key the PC bootup up & turns off i keep pressing the ESC key & the menu comes up. but only sometime. i can edit anything In the BIOS from here tryed all sorts but still can't get it to boot up past the blank screen.

HP Recommended

Update : got everything working from BIOS set up press (ESC) i putting in a new harddrive & reinstalling window 10. all working ok untl it shut down. it to ages to turn off & when i restarted the PC the black screen of death was back.

anybody... please .. please ... please help..

i have been reading the post on this forum & it seem to be not just me having this problem.. not good HP you think after people have spent there money on you product you wound help us little guys out more... 

HP Recommended

Hi

Am having similar problems with a P6-2295ea.

Please see this thread.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-P6-2295ea-black-screen-possible-power-switch...

HP Recommended

Was a solution to your computer problem ever found? My HP Pavilion p7-1420t CTO desktop was purchased with Windows 8.0 and updated to 8.1. My computer also has an H-Joshua-H61-uATX (Joshua) motherboard. However, my MB has 6 pins to clear CMOS as shown on the HP support site diagram. After upgrading to Windows 10, my desktop will not boot. The computer powers up, the fans are running but there is no Hard Drive, DVD Drive and USB drive activity and nothing shows up on the screen (black).

HP Recommended

From my side no progress at all. Maybe the other contributors to this thread have?

Currently researching a motherboard replacement - there seems to be various options.

On the Joshua MB there are 3 sets of jumper pins (1) to clear password (2) to clear CMOS and (3) Bios Recovery.  The first two are next to each other and ajacent to the SATA ports. The last one is next to the 24 pin power input and near the RAM.

To clear the CMOS (the 3 pins on the outside near the SATA ports) move the jumper from pins 1 & 2 to pins 2 & 3, wait for a few seconds and replace back to pins 1 & 2.  Then power on.  I can manage to have the SATA DVD drive and USB bus fire up. I can also get to the BIOS (but interestingly not to the UEFI screen).  However when I connect a SATA drive (with OS installed) I get a black screen with nothing firing up.

Tomorrow I will try fire up with a non formatted SATA HDD but I'm not hopeful.  But who knows!

I have yet to work out how to use the 7 pin BIOS Recovery process so I have not tried anything.  I can't find anything on this MB on the Foxconn website - I suspect it is propietry to HP and as such nothing is published.  But as it is marked 'BIOS recovery' there is a good chance there is a dual BIOS setup on the MB.

I'm completely fed up wasting so much time on this so a replacement motherboard for now seems a very attractive option.  HP have been less than helpful (see the thread I linked to).

HP Recommended

I went down the motherboard replacement and had it working again but then Windows did a forced upgrade.. woke up one morning to find windows 10 on my machine and next day i was toast again with just the fans turning on.. Pretty fed up with HP for not getting something out.. clearly this is an issue .. I ended up buying a new computer... not what I wanted to do but was not worth getting another motherboard..when you stard adding up the cost of a new motherboard and the fear it would happen again.... I had a local computer shop try and fix it and they tried for a few days and gave up.......one thing that was also becoming an issue was the data on the harddrive was starting to have issues with the many reboots....I would make sure you get the data backed up asap.....

HP Recommended

What replacement motherboard did you use?

I would have thought that with a non-HP motherboard then you are effectively removed totally from HP and there is another issue at play.

Anyway I think I have given up here. Did many CMOS resets, bare (unformatted) hard drives, pulled out eveything not required.

May go down the new MB route.  The machine actually belongs to a friend, she needs to decide if it is worthwhile swapping out the motherboard (with no guarantee of success).

HP Recommended
I still having problems if i turn the PC off the only way I can get it on by tapping ESC to get the bios menu up & boot from there..
HP Recommended

Well I can't do that .....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.