Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
34-a090
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just purchased a HP Envy Curve 34-a090.

When the PC and display is turned on, upon pressing the power button on the monitor goes into sleep mode. When the power button is pressed again the monitor is awoken.

Each time the monitor is awoken, if the brightness was at 100% it becomes 0% and if it was at 0% it becomes 100%. Sometimes it stops at around 50% and 70% and 30% too for no apparent reason.

When I reboot the machine, the brightness always changes.

The monitor brightness seems in sync with Windows once it has been changed back to how I want it, but pressing the power button on the monitor or rebooting the machine always puts it out of sync again.

I've tried installing all drivers as listed on the following page:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-curved-34-a000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series...

The HDMI-In Scalar Board Firmware Update did not install, and the application crashed, looking at what downloaded I;m not sure it would even work to start with.

I've even installed the latest Intel graphics drivers.

I then attempted to experiement by installing the colour profiles for the following:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-34-inch-displays/7308754

The HP My Display software installed but crashed all the time.

As an application developer I've done above and beyond what I can to try and resolve the issue.

The PC was puchased new 2 days ago from PC World and the HP support website claims my warranty expired last year?

Unless someone at HP wants to sort my warranty out I've got to do what I can to fix this myself.

I believe the issue is with the firmware or drivers, I don't believe this to be a hardware issue.

Could someone please advise on how to fix this issue or when some firmware/drivers will be released to fix this issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Getting somewhere on why the firmware won't install.

This is the code causing the exe to crash:

if (WinIOLib._hMod == IntPtr.Zero)
            {
                WinIOLib._lastErrCode |= 1;
                MessageBox.Show("Can't find WinIo dll.\nMake sure the WinIo library files are located in the same directory as your executable file.", "DumpPhys", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Hand);
                return false;
            }

As I can write C# I should be able to rewrite this but does anyone know of why the WinIO DLL's can't be loaded? They are in the correct directory and I have admin rights.

MSTAR written the application so I could go to them for support but I'm really going out of my way here when support should really be coming from HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.