Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq dc7600 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Just bought a CPU which was upgraded to Win7.

Have been having problems surrounding this, so decided to take it back to the original.

Got windowsold folder, got a recovery disk, got enough disk space.

Put disk in, restart, click recover from HD, recover disk, and search for recovery options: all giving me the same message with no progress.

The screen says Parity Check 2

Looked it up, am pretty sure there are no memory problems (ran basic scan recently, running extended now) Have no extra cards in PCI slots and whatnot. Have even tried disabling integrated sound/video cards(as per what I read)

If anyone knows a good thing here please say, otherwise, my main question is: if I buy a new XP Pro, and wipe my disk clean; is this Parity Check 2 type error going to prevent that from working?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@z-Ecs_Cilnt

Having problems understanding your post.

You said you bought a "CPU" -- but that is a Central Processing Unit, and stands for the processor -- not a computer.

So, I'm guessing you bought a PC, and from what you said, it came with Win7, right?

Problem is that your PC's product page only shows Vista as the preinstalled OS, not Win7.  So, the PC was actually Upgraded from Vista, or maybe XP, to Win7.

Did you do the Upgrade to Win7 and now, you're trying to use the Windows rollback function to go back to Vista or XP?

Or, are you trying to use HP Recovery Media to do a factory reset to Vista or XP?

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Ya PC sorry.

Beats me what the original OS was. I bought it refurbished that way, pre upgraded to Win7.

I'm thinking it's the rollback function you're talking about. I said everything Im doing aside from CPU when I ment PC in my post.

I don't want to repeat everything so unless you have enough common sense to put 2+2 together please don't bother me
HP Recommended

I certainly DO have enough common sense to "put 2 + 2 together" -- but since you are NOW being insulting and rude, you will get no more help from me!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.