Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP all In One 20 c022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new (3days) HP All In One 20 c022 computer. Have had many"recommended or required  software updates from HP as indicated in the start up instruction. Took hours the first day--not as long next 2 days.

Have Downloaded the free Think free Office software that came with computer. Ireally wanted to be able to use speech recognition to write  into a word processing program. 

I have gone through the microphone setup and speech recognition training  several times. We have another computer and have used Speech Recognition in the Word program that came with that laptop. With this new All In one,  the speech recognition will recognize just a few of the commands that have to do with opening the program,  "go to the end of a line", or "go to"  a particular word, and "delete"but  almost none of the actual text dictated is correct. Just some wierd combination of words--some of them are sort of similar to what was said.  I didnt  expect perfection--just reasonably accurate.

I have tried  using either  the headphone set  or the built in microphones on the display  after changing  the selection in the microphone setup.  The built in mic is much worse than the headphone set. The headset works on our other computer--even my 12 yr old Vista laptop.  Our other 3 yr old HP laptop has  an AMD10 proc and this one is Celeron.  Windows build is 10586.839 if that matters. The only update  that showed up as "failed" is  Intel Graphics. Tried it twice. There has been a Realtek HD audio driver update today and  a PC Bios update--ROM family ssid 81BB sp77553  update if that matters.

I'm not familiar with the Think Free Office software could that be the problem? Have spent much of the last 3 days troubleshooting problems. "Free "telephone  support hasn't answered the phone after the first time. Tried going on their website but got the "oops page not available" msg.

Any advice/wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DWS182,

As per my investigation, i see that this program does not support speech recognition.

I did check online for some suggestions. 

http://www.dualwriter.com/

This works well with MS Office 2016.

Hope this helps.

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Thumbs Up” STAR to say thanks!***
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.