Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 600 Mouse
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with my Omen 600 mouse when playing FPS games like Overwatch and Destiny 2. 

Both games have weapons that (by default) require you to hold down the right mouse button to aim and hold down the left mouse button to fire. 

After a few seconds of holding down both mouse buttons, the light on the scroll wheel starts flashing and the buttons briefly stop responding, which means you stop firing.

For automatic weapons it's just annoying because you can't continuously fire without the mouse stopping you.

Anyone else had this issue? 

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@OllieDK

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand clicking and holding left and right mouse buttons together doesn't work,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check if the mouse supports the XP OS?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

HP Omen 600 Mouse has a recommended system requirements and it only supports the below operating systems:

• Windows 7, 8, 10 

Click here for more information regarding the mouse.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Clicking and holding both mouse buttons does work for a short time, but after a few seconds it stops working and the scroll wheel and omen symbol flashes three times.

I am on Windows 10 and have checked that it is up to date.

I have also checked through the Omen 600 mouse user guide and there is no mention of an action that involves holding both those buttons.

So I'm a bit stuck on what to do.

HP Recommended

Hello, @OllieDK

I see that you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher. He is out of office and I'm here to help!

Going through your post, it could be possible that the mouse is reacting to change in the DPI settings. As per the mouse - manual "To switch between the 1000 Hz and 125 Hz polling rate, right-click the mouse while pressing and holding the sniper button 1 and back button 2. When the setting is changed successfully, the light flashes white three times" Check http://bit.ly/2nEizib 

So, check if you are accidentally pressing the side button while holding the right-click button. That would explain the light flashing 3 times. 

Also, check the in-game settings for mouse controls. Try changing the mouse controls and check if that helps. 

That should help. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same issue that the gentlemen prior to me was having, after reading through I tried to do what was recommended, however rather than starting to solve with the in game settings I started on the desktop after simply holding down strictly the left button and the right button at the same time the wheel started to blink three times, which is exactly what was happening to me in game, and what I assume was the issue he was having as it blinks white 3 times and cuts me off from firing in game, I was hoping there may be another solution to this issue that I am unaware of, as this may be triggered while not even in game, or could that just be I bought a mouse and should have gotten a different one? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Steven2189

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there's an issue with holding both left & right mouse button together,

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern,

as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, Yes you may want to check with an alternate mouse to identify the issue as you seem to have done everything else you needed to do.

Keep me posted,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't get it. None of the answers seems to be addressing the issue. Why does holding the down the left and right button cause the scroll down wheel to blink 3 times. I bought this mouse to Play world of warcraft and I can't use it becauses my characters stops every 5 sec. It looks like a common problem yet I don't see a solution on this forum 

HP Recommended

@codeblue001

Thank you for responding,

I understand your concern and in order that I may be able to help you better, I need to know if the alternate mouse works,

Since you've not mentioned anything about the same, I request you to check with an alternate mouse and get back to me with the results,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If by alternate mouse you mean another mouse that is not the Omen 600, then the answer is yes. I have 2 other mice that work as intended. I know in your other post you mentioned that it could be a faulty mouse, but if you count the 2 other people on this thread, that makes 3 of us with the exact same problem. I did a google search and also found 2 additional owners with the same problem... https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Accessories/Problem-with-mouse-buttons/td-p/6567353. I think this is more that a faulty mouse. There has to be a reason why holding down the right and left button causes it to flash 3 times reseting the mouse.

Also I noticed a lot of the hp tech response assumed the mouse was working fine then suddenly stop working, but in my case, the problem started right out the box. Considering the HP 600 is a fairly new product, my guess is the other people having issues all have brand new hp 600 mouses as well.

HP Recommended

Hi, OP here.

Since posting, I have had two phone calls and two live chats about this, been through all the suggested steps and still no fix. And since there is no software for the mouse, I don't think we will be getting one.

The only way I can stop it from cutting out, is to hold down one of the side buttons whilst holding the left and right buttons, but that's just not useful.

It's a shame because the mouse is otherwise perfectly good, but there is some serious irony (and frustration) in a 'gaming' mouse that makes it impossible to play some games.

Perhaps it's a faulty batch? But if not, that is a serious oversight from HP to not fix this before releasing it!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.