Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi rvvv,

I don't work for HP. I am just a volunteer.

There may be other models that while can't be configured with RAID when purchased do have RAID capability.  If you should find a model or two that you might consider then let me know and I can do some research for you. If you do consider a different model then consider one that can be ordered or provisioned for 2 or more hard drives.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
The key term I believe is "RAID Ready". This is a marketing term for those PCs that can have RAID turned on. Just because it has the chipset does not mean all PCs have it.
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

@Big_Dave wrote:

Hi rvvv,

I don't work for HP. I am just a volunteer.

There may be other models that while can't be configured with RAID when purchased do have RAID capability.  If you should find a model or two that you might consider then let me know and I can do some research for you. If you do consider a different model then consider one that can be ordered or provisioned for 2 or more hard drives.

@Big_Dave

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same problem the OP is having.  I have a ZBook 17 G2 which uses the Intel QM87 chipset which supports RAID.  However, in the BIOS, the "SATA Device Mode" setting only shows "AHCI" - it does not show the "RAID" option.

Do you know if the ZBook 17 G2 supports RAID?  I found a post from someone else saying that the RAID option is only displayed if you're using traditional HDD drives - he said the RAID option disappeared when he installed a SSD drive.  I find it very strange that the Intel RAID would not support SSD drives, and I'd like to get additional confirmation of this.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

FYI - I found that the Dell XPS desktop does RAID 1 and have been happy with it after returning the HP Envy. Dell XPS goes on sale all the time at Costco and comes with an extra free year of warranty. Also the Dell XPS for laptop has the Intel Core i7 chip - found that many laptops come with the lower i5 or i3 - seems like the XPS is their better model.

HP Recommended

@forumreader

Your post should be made under laptops and not desktops if you are using a ZBook 17 G2.   This is a very old thread and probably should be closed.

However, the ZBook 17 G2 does support RAID.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.