Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I downloaded the file from the April 1, 2017, solution.  Overwriting did not work.  I still get the error message on start-up.  I'm using Windows 10 Home.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @oceanfan, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are getting AccelerometerSt.exe - error (0xc000007b) on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the following steps.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right-click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76484.exe

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, MrRobot.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

>>>yes, I  upgraded the os 8.1>10 the day before. no hardware changes.

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

>>>M5H37UA#ABA

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right-click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.
When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

>>>nope, I still get the same error.

--Joe

HP Recommended

@oceanfan, It's great to hear from you again.

I was indeed waiting for your response.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Please install HP 3D DriveGuard version 6.0.27.1 and check if it helps.

Install the HP 3D drive guard using this link.

Alos, run system diagnostics on your PC and let me know the results.

Refer this article to know how to run system diagnostics on your PC.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please install HP 3D DriveGuard version 6.0.27.1 and check if it helps.

>>>ok, I did the uninstall/reinstall using the link to the 2015 version of the 3D  program. I still get the same error msg. I've uninstalled it so I don't get any more errors for now.

I'll try to run the system diagnostics tomorrow night. Some of the tests take quite awhile.   😉

HP Recommended

@oceanfan, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned installing the driver you still get the same error, But after uninstalling the driver you don't get any error message.

It's a great news, please run the system diagnostics on your PC and let me know the results.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.