cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,497 1,301 2,103
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: BIOS corrupted HP Pavilion dv6

HP Recommended

@Not_techie123, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate efforts for trying out the steps.

You cannot run the BIOS on a different laptop or PC, The BIOS is specifically made for your laptop.

If you are unable to execute the BIOS on your laptop it;s certain that BIOS has got corrupted on your PC.

To restore BIOS you have to contact HP and send the laptop in for service, so they will do a chip level formatting of BIOS or replace the BIOS chip.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

1 REPLY 1
Not_techie123
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you check the following link - http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

I am on Step 2: Creating the BIOS recovery media

I am creating BIOS on USB so that I can use this to install on broken laptop.  Number 7 of the above is -

The HP System BIOS Update Utility opens. Click Next

For me, this doesn't happen.  Instead of HP System BIOS Update, this opens InsydeFlash.  I am NOT and DON'T want to install BIOS on a working laptop. I am using a working laptop to install BIOS on a USB disk.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation