cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dmorrisp
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Re: Can not boot from CD/Disc

HP Recommended

Did you ever get the HP all in one to boot from CD or USB CD? I have the exact screen as your describing with no option to turn on the legacy boot option. Please help! 🙂

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and quickly read the screen, looking for text like "press <blah> to change boot order" (or words to that effect). 

Immediately press the <blah> key -- it might be the 'ESC' key.

Select the CD or the USB device.

0 Kudos
dmorrisp
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried this several times. The option to boot usb cd is there but when I select it, no repsonce. I have turned off secure boot but it wont let me turn on legacy boot. I have a boot cd in an external usb dvd and a boot dvd in the internal dvd also, just to see if it will boot from either one. NOPE

Looks like this bios has a glitch, not sure!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation