Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem, I'm using HP Envy 27 Inch screen LED Lit Monitor.. the screen keeps working but the OSD butttons are not functioning and it's not a lockout.. I tried on my other laptop and it's the same problem, it seems as if the screen freezes but keeps displaying, if I remove the HD cable and plug it again, it won't respond to it and stays black.

I already performed factory setterings reset, still the same problem, everytime I need to use the screen I have to plug the adapter of the monitor off and on to make it work..

Please Help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Y_Mardini,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having an issue with the power button won't turn off your HP monitor. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

The OSD message occurs when the Menu button on the front panel is pressed for more than 10 seconds. I would suggest you perform a Hard reset on the Monitor by Unplugging the monitor and holding the power button down for 30-60 seconds.

Unplug the monitor cable and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, this actually helps to do a hard reset on the Monitor. 

For more details, please go through the support document, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options.Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeet_singh

Thank you for your reply..

As I mentioned in my comment it's not a lockout problem, after around five minutes of running the screen all the OSD buttons stop responding and there is no message at all, as if the monitor system freezes, however it carries on displaying what's connected to the HDMI, but if I take off the HDMI cable and put back again, it doesn't respond or if I  turn off my laptop or anyother device, it won't detect again, until I take off the power plug and replug again.

HP Recommended

@Y_Mardini

Hi,

as @Jeet_singh is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I have read your post comprehensively and understand that the OSD menu is not locked out. Instead, the OSD buttons do not work. 

I read that for the first 5 minutes, the OSD menu works. So let us perform a factory reset on the monitor in those first 5 minutes and check if it helps.

• Please refer to "Using the On-Screen Display (OSD)" from page# 16 of the user guide to understand how the menu works.
  • Please scroll down further to page# 20 and you will find the "factory Reset" option". From here you may reset the monitor.

I hope this helps If the issue persists then you may have to reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP monitor. 

Let em know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

@ MKazi,

Thank for your reply..

In my first comment, I mentioned that I performed factory reset already.. and the problem seems to be a hardware problem not software... I've been using the monitor for two years, I know exactly how to use the OSD... as I said the monitor buttons freezes and don't respond after several minutes, without any message..

HP Recommended

@Y_Mardini

You're welcome. 

In that case, it might be a hardware failure with the monitor. I suggest you to get the monitor repaired. You may reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP monitor. 

Please feel free to keep me posted for any questions! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.