Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
cq5115uk
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Hi is there any recovery media i can purchase to get this pc back to factory settings my restore disk which i created is corrupt and i had to change hard drive due to errors the partition is still on hard drive though but not in pc so trying to work out a way to sort this either to buy media or use the partition in old hd.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Considering the age of that system, it will be difficult to find a Recovery kit for that PC.  Good for you that the Recovery media was created!!  Just curious as to what may have happened to them.  Was the media DVD?  What causes/is the error if they are asked to run?

Since the Recovery Parition is still on the old drive, it might still work as intended by cloning it to the new drive.  Hard to say if you really wish that to happen, as the restored to "factory state" will be way out of date.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yes Vista is old but i have the windows 7 upgrade disk to install over it so i keep all the software etc that came with pc i love wondows 7 better than 10 so dont want to lose i have the media on dvd but the disk is badly scratched to no repair and has corrupt files this was down to when we moved my 2 year old grabbed my disks and scratched along floor.

HP Recommended

Actually cloning the whole drive might be enough to get the Windows 7 upgrade to run.  That is at least the way I would start.  Use Acronis or the WD or Seagate cloning software if you have either brands of those Hard drives.  Then if that fails, you most likely can install Windows 7 clean from the upgrade disk.  See here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Install-Windows-7-With-Upgrade-Media

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.