Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to reset a T510 to factory default beacuse the administator password is unknown. I have tried the various default passwords, but none of those work. I don't see an option the factory reset. Does anyone know how to reset to factory default?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please try this steps again this might help you this time:

1. Download the Operating System File

2. Right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" [ This step is not in the manual ]

3. Now select "USB Format" under Deployment options

4. Select the USB drive from the list, using the up and down arrows to display the correct drive letter.

(If the USB drive does not appear in the list, click Update Drives, then scroll through the list again.)

NOTE: During the next step, the USB drive is reformatted and all data on it is erased before the bootable

image is copied to it. To prevent loss of data, be sure that you have saved any data from the USB drive

to another drive.

5. Click Format wait till it finishes formatting

6. Safely remove the Bootable Flash Drive

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

"I work for Hewlett-Packard"

* * * * * Click the "Purple Thumbs Up Icon in the lower right corner of a post" to say thanks * * * * *

* * * * * Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem * * * * *

Regards,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Reimage via USB?

HP Recommended

Please select the correct Operating System by clicking on the link shown below and download the Operating

System Image:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?cc=us&cc=us&lang=en&lang=en&sp4ts.oid...

This is in Reference to Formatting a USB Flash Device

Please Click on the below mentioned Link and follow the Steps for Formatting a USB Flash Device
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00485307/c00485307.pdf

Please revert to this post for further support

Regards,

K N R K

Hewlett-Packard

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for those links. But, I am getting a "no operating system found" message when try to boot from the flash drive. My OS build number is T6X44102. I downloaded the file, formatted the drive, and copied the image. I'm new to these and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Please try this steps again this might help you this time:

1. Download the Operating System File

2. Right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" [ This step is not in the manual ]

3. Now select "USB Format" under Deployment options

4. Select the USB drive from the list, using the up and down arrows to display the correct drive letter.

(If the USB drive does not appear in the list, click Update Drives, then scroll through the list again.)

NOTE: During the next step, the USB drive is reformatted and all data on it is erased before the bootable

image is copied to it. To prevent loss of data, be sure that you have saved any data from the USB drive

to another drive.

5. Click Format wait till it finishes formatting

6. Safely remove the Bootable Flash Drive

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

"I work for Hewlett-Packard"

* * * * * Click the "Purple Thumbs Up Icon in the lower right corner of a post" to say thanks * * * * *

Regards,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Running as administrator worked! I was able to reimage and change the admin password. Thank you forthe help

HP Recommended

Wonderfull!!!!!! I am happy I was able to help you fix the issue..

Regards,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.