01-28-2017 11:35 AM
In the middle of me working the pc goes black and then after a few seconds returns. I am concerned that
1- I do not loose my data
2- pc does not crash
3- i need to work and this is delaying me
Does this mean pc is bad? Support wanted to do bios updateand other things and then reset pc. I do not have time for guessing games or experimenting on my time as this is a business use computer. Can any one help. Less than 2 months old.
01-29-2017 10:24 AM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Pavillion 24b-037c PC and the display goes black and then after a few seconds returns to normal.
I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software updates) took place on the PC after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Shutdown the PC.
- Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the PC.
- Press and hold the power button fo the PC for 5 seconds to release tthe stais energy from it.
- Reconnect all cables.
- As soon as you power on the PC, tap the F10 key repeatedly on the keyboard, This should display the BIOS.
- Pease observe the display in the BIOS. You may have to keep the BIOS screen on untill the issue repeats.
- IF the screen does not go blsnk in BIOS then it is not a hardware issue.
- If the screen goes blank in BIOS then it is a hardware issue and I suggest yo uto contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your PC.
Please keep me posted for any further help. All the best! 🙂
02-06-2017 05:02 PM
You are welcome. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.
I'm glad to know the the unit is being repaired and I'm positive you will have a good working unit soon.
Let me know if you need any assistance in future. It was a pleasure to assist you. Take care!