cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SCREEN GOES BLACK RANDOMLY ON NEW ALLINONE 24 PC

PAVILLION 24b-037c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the middle of me working the pc goes black and then after a few seconds returns. I am concerned that

1- I do not loose my data

2- pc does not crash

3- i need to work and this is delaying me 

Does this mean pc is bad? Support wanted to do bios updateand other things and then reset pc. I do not have time for guessing games or experimenting on my time as this is a business use computer. Can any one help. Less than 2 months old. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,473
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@yvettei

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavillion 24b-037c PC and the display goes black and then after a few seconds returns to normal. 

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software updates) took place on the PC after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Shutdown the PC.
  • Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the PC.
  • Press and hold the power button fo the PC for 5 seconds to release tthe stais energy from it.
  • Reconnect all cables.
  • As soon as you power on the PC, tap the F10 key repeatedly on the keyboard, This should display the BIOS.
  • Pease observe the display in the BIOS. You may have to keep the BIOS screen on untill the issue repeats.
  • IF the screen does not go blsnk in BIOS then it is not a hardware issue.
  • If the screen goes blank in BIOS then it is a hardware issue and I suggest yo uto contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your PC.

Please keep me posted for any further help. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you - however  it did not work stil has issue put in a ticket and i haveto send unit back for repair. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,473
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@yvettei

You are welcome. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

I'm glad to know the the unit is being repaired and I'm positive you will have a good working unit soon. 

Let me know if you need any assistance in future. It was a pleasure to assist you. Take care!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation