Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EnvyPhoenix
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Updated 2/13/2017 - RESOLVED _________ see below

I have been running Windows 10 Home 64 bit OS on my HP Envy Phoenix desktop with an SK-2061 wireless keyboard for months without an issue.  Today when I logged into the computer the keyboard worked fine typing in the password.  However, once I was logged into my account the keyboard is not being recognized by the desktop - no application, even as simple as Notepad, shows anything that I enter on the keyboard.

The mouse continues to work after login - just the keyboard stops being recognized.  I did change batteries, in desperation, but to no avail.

i have rebooted (off/on) the computer several times and same response - the keyboard works to enter the password but then is failing once I'm into my account.

Any ideas???

Resolution ......

I discovered this is a long time 'feature' of Microsoft Windows.  Windows has a feature titled Filter Keys which, if it is enabled, can cause this problem - wherein the keyboard allows you to log into your system but then at the account level locks out the keyboard actions.  In Windows 10 you can turn this off through the following sequence ....

Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use -> Uncheck the Turn on Filter Keys option

A Google search on 'keyboard stops working after login' will provide any number of references and videos on the solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.